Friday, January 16, 2015

How's That Read-Through-the-Bible (No Pressure Version) Going?

Pin It Now!

Last year on my 38th birthday, I posted all about my goal to read through the Bible with my kids. While I've read through the Bible several times, I wanted to share this blessing with my kids, so we started our endeavor in January of 2014.

Let's just say I am so glad I went with the no pressure version. ;)


If I'm honest, I wish I could say we'd finished a few more books than we did, but no worries. We will keep trucking along and finish some time this year. Right now, the kids and I are reading through Acts, and Dad is still teaching through Matthew. He's on chapter 21, so it does look like we will finish that book in a few months. :)

We are going at a pace of about 3-4 chapters a day. I do most of the reading, but my kids read portions as well. With several different versions being read, it can get interesting! ;)

If you've started reading through the Bible, let me encourage you to keep reading even if you don't meet the specific reading goals you've set. The important thing is that you read through the Bible even if it takes longer than you'd planned.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

I needed this reminder on so many levels today - not just for reading through the Bible!

Can't wait to report when we've finally met our goal!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...