Monday, May 19, 2014

You Might Be a Homeschooler If . . .

Pin It Now!



I don't know how many times I've come upstairs to find my middle child watching Blimey Cow videos instead of doing his schoolwork. I guess he counts this entertainment as his "breaks" in between subjects. Kinda like recess, maybe? Only there's absolutely zero physical exertion.

If you homeschool, chances are you've already heard of Blimey Cow, but if you've somehow been left out of the loop, well, according to Wikipedia, "Blimey Cow is an internet comedy channel based in Hermitage, Tennessee, created in 2005 by brothers Josh and Jordan Taylor. Produced by and starring the Taylor brothers and Josh's wife Kelli, the channel usually targets the idiosyncrasies of conservative Christianity, church, and family."

If you'd like to continue reading, you can do so here. Or, you can go ahead and check out some of their videos. Warning: if satire and sarcasm are not your thing, you might want to stay away.

Blimey Cow is really known for their You Might Be a Homeschooler If series, so go ahead and see if any of these statements apply to you and your family. On this same note, I think it's funny that when regular schooled kids find out my kids are homeschooled, one of the first things they say is, "Cool, you get to wear pajamas all day." Um, no. Not in our homeschool you don't. (Well, unless it's laundry day and my boys don't have any more clothes to wear.)

I will say this about Blimey Cow: it inspired my son to create his own "milkshake baby" video in which he blended leftover Subway and Cheesecake Factory food. Oh. My. The. Smell. Anyway, he won't let me post his rendition, so you can just view one of the originals here.

Do your kids watch Blimey Cow? My middle son knows exactly when every video posts and now he's super excited about Big Head Kid posting every Wednesday, I believe. I don't know, I can't keep up. ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...