Monday, December 02, 2013

Personal Testimonies of Faith ~ Teela

Pin It Now!

This testimony happens to be very special to me. It's my mom's. :)

I remember my mom telling me one time that before she came to know Christ as her personal Lord and Savior, two Christian women and their families lived on either side of her. I am so thankful for the two women God strategically placed in my mom's life during a time when she stood at a crossroad. I am thankful for their presence, their prayers, and the part they played in leading her to Christ.

I am thankful, too, for the domino effect, as it was primarily my mom who God used to lead me into a saving relationship with Jesus. :)

 
Teela's Testimony
 
I was raised Lutheran. My father was raised Lutheran and my mother was raised Catholic. She became Lutheran when they married. My parents were very active in church. My father was Sunday School superintendent, my mother sang in the choir, and they started a "couples club" at the Lutheran church we went to in Waterloo, Wisconsin.
 
We always went to church, Sunday School, Vacation Bible School every summer, and we were in the Christmas plays. We prayed as a family at every meal and before bed. Our mealtime prayer was "Come Lord Jesus, be our guest, and let this food to us be blessed." Our nighttime prayer was "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take." We also said the Lord's prayer every night.
 
When I was 26 years old, I fell away from church for a while. When my oldest daughter was a year old, I started taking her to Grace Community, a non-denominational church. I thought I was a Christian growing up because of all the things we DID. But it was at Grace Community Church in June 1978 that I came to know Jesus in a very personal way.
 
I traded my religion in for a relationship.
 
I learned that it wasn't performance and rituals that made a person a Christian but a relationship with Jesus. Jesus became a part of my heart that day. That has made all the difference in my life. Jesus is my Lord and Savior, he's my best friend, and he's the lover of my soul.
 
He died for me that I might live, and I now have eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, praise God!
 

 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast. ~Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...