Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December Makes Me Tired

Pin It Now!


The 11 months of anticipation always makes me forget how December nearly drains the life out of me. The decorating, shopping, planning, wrapping, baking, merry-making, and all other holiday-related happiness ON TOP of regular mom life - laundry, cooking, cleaning, homeschooling, errand-running, working a sort-of-part-time job, spending time with children, and spending time with hubby - well, it all makes me wish I could pull a Rip Van Winkle.

One minute, I'm soaring over the moon with extreme Christmas cheer, and the next minute I'm crashing in the corner with some serious bah humbug blues. I have to say, though, that this year I am handling the stress of the holiday season so much better than in past years. I truly am mellowing even if it isn't as fast as some would like. ;)

Really, I DO love everything Christmassy! What's not to LOVE about glitter, lights, tinsel, and tons of sweets? Sometimes all of the holiday hoopla gets to be too much.

And when that happens . . .

I know it's time to get away with a steamy cup of Christmas Cocoa, turn up some sweet Christmas music (the real kind, not the fluffy rockin' around the Christmas tree kind), and dwell on the sacred meaning of the season. No better way to revive and refresh my spirit which leads to worship instead of weariness. Worship Way is a far better place to stay than Wits' End!

December makes me tired, but Jesus gives me strength.


Praise God for Emmanuel, our true source of peace, love, joy, and goodwill toward men.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...